This scrumptious hand-crafted granola celebrates the sunny flavors of fresh oranges. I didn’t realize that you could dry slices of oranges until I saw them featured in recipes in the Mediterranean, where citrus grows abundantly. Since then I’ve enjoyed using oranges in myriad ways, such as in this Fresh Orange Spice Granola. Each batch is filled with three oranges—and all of the orange—zest, juice, and flesh. Make up this recipe in just 35 minutes, and enjoy it all week long as a cereal, topping for your plant-based yogurt or fruit, and ingredient in baking.
Each batch of this sunny, hand-crafted granola is filled with three oranges—zest, juice, and fruit.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- For one orange, zest it using a zester or microplane, and juice it. Add the zest and juice to a small, microwaveable bowl.
- Add vegetable oil, almond butter, agave nectar, and vanilla to the bowl. Place in the microwave and heat for 2 minutes. Remove and stir to make a smooth mixture.
- Mix oats, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and allspice together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in orange-almond butter mixture and stir well to combine.
- For the remaining two oranges, peel them and slice them into small pieces. Stir into the granola mixture.
- Spread out granola mixture evenly into a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Place in oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring every five minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove, stir in raisins, and cool. Leave uncovered at room temperature for several hours to further dry oranges.
- Place granola in an airtight container and refrigerate (due to softness of oranges).
- Serve as desired.
- Makes about 7 cups (14 ½-cup servings)
- Category: Granola
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan granola, orange spice granola, easy granola recipe